- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 10 Dec 17 2017-12-10
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Summary of Business Area:
The GCCIBT Strategy, Architecture and Shared Application Services group is responsible for the IT strategy and business alignment of the IT capabilities and IT Assets of the Global Payments Services organization. It performs this role within the USA and Canada, Latin America (LATAM), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia Regions; supporting retail banking platforms for commercial clients worldwide.
The Solution Architect provides solutions architecture services and consulting within the Asia region
to the GPST Global Payments and International Branch Technology group, and the
Global Treasury Services Operations and Product business partners. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Senior Architect representation to our ISD and International Product Partners.
- Providing a senior communication channel across domains.
- Producing conceptual, logical and physical architectures that meet strategic business, financial and technology objectives.
- Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
- Adhering to architectural standards and moving toward a defined strategic business and technical architecture.
- Managing tradeoffs between speed to market, strategic architecture, quality, and financials.
- Documenting systems, architecture, process flows and value-chains.
- Oversight of the technical architecture specification to ensure traceability to the business solution drivers and strategic direction of GPS's business.
- Adhering to the GPST Architecture process and compliance with the associated.
The qualified individual will have significant Architectural & Business experience in:
- Financial Services in Corporate Banking and Treasury / Cash Management
- Broad based IT knowledge and experience (Hardware, Networking, Middleware)
- Application development knowledge and experience (J2EE, Design, Analysis)
- Industry best practices in Architectural methodologies and standards (e.g., Zachman, CMM/I, Rational Unified Process, IEEE-1471, etc…)
- Quality & Productivity methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, TQM, CMM, etc…)
- Providing Strategic Architectural direction based on balanced Risk, Financial, Process, and Resource factors
- Interpreting Business needs and applying innovative technology solutions
- Governance and oversight processes for mitigating risk and managing change
- Ability to translate complex concepts into multiple architectural "views" understandable by varying audiences
The qualified individual will have significant Soft-skill experience with:
- Resolving, compromising, and influencing the positive outcome of conflicting objectives and priorities
- Strong, proactive leadership capabilities - inspiring fellowship
- Ability to stimulate and participate in creative thinking for out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact with and influence Senior Technical associates, Business Partners, and Executives
- Work effectively within a fast-paced, cohesive Architecture team and willing to learn fast and adapt quickly to change
- Superb written (technical) communications
- Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 24/11/2017
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40