Solace Messaging Engineer
Messaging Engineer - Solace
This position is responsible for the development of a robust messaging and event streaming service based on Solace PubSub+ technology, which aims to provide a unified messaging service and experience to users across different sectors in Citi, by leveraging Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CICD (Continuous Integration / Delivery) pipelines, automated provisioning capabilities, strategic monitoring / logging solutions and governance framework. This role will work closely with Citi application and engineering SME teams to integrate Solace PubSub+ with various technologies to achieve above outcomes. This technical position requires strong technical background in Messaging Integration middleware (mainly Solace, along with Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS, etc). The core responsibilities will include the development, engineering and integration work for establishing, evolving and maintaining the "Solace as a Service" framework, along with the continuous effort in testing, certifying and integrating new features, versions and components of the Solace PubSub+ platform across various form factors (Hardware, software and cloud deployments). It will also involve significant effort in driving an automation framework for the service to an enterprise scale. There will be a limited amount of support responsibilities at the L3 level, which involves SME effort working with application architects to ensure successful on-boarding to our service and to maintain stability. Responsibilities
- Engage with sector architecture teams to develop best in class architecture for transitional and cloud-based platforms.
- Develop automation processes for the provisioning of Solace PubSub+ Messaging (e.g. broker, message VPN, queue endpoint, etc.)
- Drive the adoption of Solace PubSub+ Software and Cloud (private, hybrid, public) as an Event Mesh.
- Develop automation for Cloud based deployment of Messaging Integration infrastructure components.
- Perform evaluations, tests, security reviews and certifications of new product versions, features and components of Solace PubSub+ platform
- Create and drive a robust monitoring and logging strategy for Solace.
- Collaborate with application and engineering teams to develop strategic frameworks and coordinate changes.
- Integrate Solace PubSub+ with security systems such as LDAP, Kerberoes, oAuth, CyberArk and certificate authorities.
- Create APIs based Service provisioning orchestration and management.
- Develop solutions and packages for VTM patching, bug fix releases and version upgrades.
- Provide limited amount of L3 SME Support to client application teams and assist with major platform migrations.
- 5+ year hands-on experience with strategic Messaging Integration platforms including Solace, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS and Kafka
- 5+ year experience with engineering integration and automation.
- Strong knowledge on the complete Solace PubSub+ Messaging technology - from low-latency optimization, bridging (Event Mesh), security and various messaging delivery modes.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and Admin APIs (such as Solace SEMP2 API, the swagger specification, Async API specification, etc.)
- Strong experience with various DevOps tools in a CI/CD pipeline, such as source control, Build/CI server, Deployment Server, Binary Repositories, code quality and automated testing.
- Strong knowledge on Cloud and docker/container-based environment (such as Kubernetes and OpenShift)
- Strong understanding of event-driven architecture and the concepts of reactive programming.
- Strong experience with monitoring and logging/analytics tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos)
- Experience in building versioned application APIs
- Proven experience with DevOps, CI/CD and release automation of the above-mentioned products in an agile application development experience
- Experience with implementing automations for service provisioning and orchestrations of those products
- Strong knowledge with application and operational security for Messaging Integration products
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Experience with financial services large scale application environments
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
- Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting