Software Engineer, Vice President
Our Cloud Services Group is teeming with passionate innovators like you who are rapidly designing, building and deploying groundbreaking internal and public cloud platforms. By putting your technological know-how to work on creating best-in-class cloud-aware applications, your efforts will help us work faster and smarter, not to mention reinforce our position as a global leader in fintech cloud services. As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. Responsibilities:
- You'll be developing cloud native products to be used by engineers across the firm.
- You'll be developing products that help test and measure the resiliency and availability of products and services.
- You'll be developing products that help solve the problems associated with micro services orchestration.
- You'll be part of a small and highly focused product team which is responsible for developing and running the product end to end.
- You'll contribute in making architecture decisions and make suggestions to improve the current architecture of the product.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience required
- Passionate about new technologies and building a culture of innovation, continuous learning and improvement.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages. Java, python or Go is preferred.
- Exposure to building frameworks and tooling for large scale engineering operations, resiliency patterns like circuit breakers, bulkheads, backpressure, etc.
- Exposure to authentication and authorization protocols and solutions.
- Experience developing cloud native applications on platforms like CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Exposure to effective operational patterns like SLOs, metrics, health checks, error budgets, distributed tracing, etc.