Software Engineer #TeSA
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade, highly scalable and high performing software solutions that meet both functional and technical requirements including security requirements.
- Design and develop microservices and APIs using various technologies (e.g. Java)
- Develop and automate the testing for the software solution including the unit testing, backend integration testing, frontend user interface testing and end to end testing.
- Works with the Quality Assurance (QA) teams and other internal teams to ensure assigned defects/enhancements are validated, documented and resolved appropriately.
- Works with the operation teams and other internal teams to facilitate root cause analysis of application issues.
- Familiar with best practices on coding, testing, code reviews, version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- Relevant experience in software development using agile or DevOps methodology
- Experience in microservices development experience with technologies such as Java, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, etc.
- Experience with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes and NoSql DB.
- Experience in EFK stack or Prometheus/Grafana and experience in Restful APIs
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Singtel Group employees or any other company location. Singtel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.