Software Engineer, Liquidity Technology, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role is for a Software Engineer responsible for the development of Global Liquidity applications. A key part of the liquidity management program is the delivery of a technology solution to perform cash management and treasury functions in the firm. Technical challenges in the technology space include constantly increasing level of Straight Through Processing (STP) with low latency/high volume data feeds, multi-dimensional aggregation & presentation, strong transaction management for absolute data integrity, and effective fault-tolerance for maximum availability.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum 3 years of Software Development work experience
- Strong focus on automated testing with good knowledge of TDD, BDD and Unit testing techniques
- Solid understanding of development tools: source code control software (e.g. subversion, git), build automation (e.g. Maven), continuous integration (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins), automated testing (e.g. cucumber, FitNesse), JIRA/Green Hopper task tracking
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Exposure to Lean & Agile Software Methodologies
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, Java 8 features, REST, AngularJS, UNIX shell scripting
- A broad range of exposure to distributed messaging systems such as Kafka