Software Engineer, Associate, Trade Surveillance, Singapore
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
In this role, you will support the current suite of BAU Sage Analytics and Surveillance system providing the aforementioned trade surveillance detection pattern alerts/reports for multiple Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Markets trading products for critical regulatory mandates. You will also be participating in the design and build-out of a bank-wide strategic transactional surveillance and analytics platform employing complex data processing, transaction pattern detection, data analytics and suspicious activity investigation capabilities, and migrate the BAU alerts/reports to the new strategic platform.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Support the migration of the existing BAU Compliance Web trade surveillance system developed on FLEX/Java Script Web UI and Sybase SQL back-end, to the new strategic platform
- Be part of the Global Surveillance Technology AD organization spread across of US and APAC to provide end to end design, build and delivery
- Follow established software engineering and SDLC best practices to ensure code quality, platform performance, stability and scalability
- Assist in Level 3 production support.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 5 years of more of experience in Core Java and Java EE
- Experience in application development of distributed mission-critical Trading or Transactional Analytics systems
- Experience with database programming to design and build enterprise-scale and high-volume Oracle data processing applications using packages, procedures, triggers, PL/SQL, Java Stored Procedures
- Experience in developing high-quality interactive UI and UX using Java WebUI technologies such as Ext-JS, D3.JS or Angular-JS
- Agile development methodology and test driven development. Familiarity with automated tools as such Maven, Hudson, Jenkins or Gradle
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of issues. Sense of urgency to solve problems and propose solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to multi-task, proactive and attention to detail
- Application development experience in delivering complicated enterprise Investment Banking application for Market Surveillance, or Investment Banking Front-office Trading Systems or Analytics Systems in FX, Commodities, Equities and Equities Derivatives domains
- Scala or Python experience, SpotFire and Cloud Technology
- Experience in Kafka streaming
- Experience in KDB, big data related echo systems
- Financial Products knowledge of Futures & Options, FX, Commodities, Equities and Equities Derivatives, as well as trade lifecycles and/or order workflows