Software Engineer - nexus
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. nexus
Want to join the team shaking things up in the banking world? We're looking for fun, hardworking, results-oriented individuals to join nexus, the team responsible for Standard Chartered's brand new, Banking-as-a-Service solution. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop a new platform (greenfield project) from scratch.
• Develop, test, deploy and run on K8s
• Java spring boot
• Hands-on coding, develop high quality code while meeting deadlines
• Design and occasional implementation of POCs
• Provide unit testing and load testing
• Working in highly collaborative, fun loving team using Agile methodology
• Creating challenging application using Java from ground-up
• "Write code for others, not for yourself" - your code will be visible to thousands of developers Knowledge and Skills
• Good Java server-side development experience with decent understanding of core design patterns.
• Hands on experience in Java 8 and above
• knowledge of GIT, branching strategies, build and deployment pipelines
• Experience of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Experience with SQL and nosql databases
• Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and
Continuous Integration (CI)
• Knowledge of consuming and providing REST APIs
• Knowledge of Kubernetes
• Knowledge of API gateways
• Knowledge of Oauth is plus
• Experience of scala and SPARK is a plus
• Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
• Cloud knowledge a big plus (AWS/GCP/terraform)
• Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.