Software Engineer - Asset Management (AMD) Federation Engineering
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Asset Management Engineering team, with primary focus on Asset Management Division (AMD) Federation business support. The candidate will work closely with the technology as well as business counterparts, both locally, regionally, and globally, to identify optimal solution to facilitate existing as well as new business needs. Responsibilities range from system development covering the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), support and maintenance oversight including both in-house and vendor applications. While focusing on the local business need, the candidate will also be actively engaged in communications with the regional technology management team, working closely with team members outside the region to serve the business and the firm. The candidate will also have opportunity to take part of market driven change for new products and flows and support new business initiatives by interacting with clients, regional technology teams, and third party vendor companies. Responsibilities
- Developing and supporting software as part of regional Asia-Pacific Asset Management Federation Technology.
- Work closely with Asset Management Operations, Controllers and Shareholder Services business units to perform requirement analysis and discussions; and design & deliver technology solutions to them.
- Knowledge of design and development of an application front-to-back.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate any production issues for systems used by Asset Management Federation Asia users.
- Between 3-7 years industry experience in hands-on programming
- Strong Java skills and working in a Linux environment are a must.
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise systems. Experience working with databases,
- Understanding of data structures (trees, hash maps, queues, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Asset management or buy-side experience a plus. Interest & passion in working closer with business users.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity