- Competitive package offered
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
An innovative, pioneering software development firm based in Singapore, developing complex, cutting-edge software to facilitate trading processes, seeks a highly experienced Software Engineer/Developer to expand our rapidly growing team. As an industry leader, the firm actively pursues groundbreaking and sometimes unconventional approaches to trading problems. Software solutions are designed with a relentless focus on efficiency, effectiveness and execution.
In this role, the candidate will collaborate closely with traders and researchers to design, develop, test, and support our proprietary trading platform to capture opportunities in the electronic capital markets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop scalable and low latency trading software
- Develop, maintain, deploy and support new and existing applications
- Measure and improve code execution performance through novel techniques
- Optimize the trading platform and applications by using network- system and core programming techniques to minimize latency
- Build robust, testable software in a fast moving environment with short iterations and continuous integration
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 15+ years of core professional development experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in computer science, or financial engineering
- Extensive professional experience with C++ and ability to work with Python (or other scripting languages) a plus
- Experience developing software for Linux (or other UNIX) operating system
- Experience with multi-threading and network programming
- Strong understanding of algorithm complexity and design patterns
- Ability to translate business requirements into software products
- Familiarity with FIX and other native exchange protocols is a plus
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced enviroment.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Clear communication skills in English
Benefits and Perks:
- A chance to work with multiple technologies across the whole firm and gain exposure to all aspects of the high frequency trading business
- Rare opportunity to work with and learn from industry experts as we build a new firm together
- Participation in the bonus pool
- We offer an excellent group medical health plan, a fitness subsidy program and provide all employees with breakfast and lunch daily
This is a full time position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates please send your recent resume/CV and updated contact information.
**We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified**