1.Software Engineer (java)
role is for the Digital Technologies department . Digital Technologies is front-runner within featuring self-organizing Build-Run teams that take end-to-end ownership of a business domain and corresponding applications. DT works in an agile manner and is adopting a Tribes & Squads model in close cooperation with the rest of IT. Our teams take ownership across the lifecycle and our motto is "You build it, you run it, you own it, you love it!"
Our new technology stack focusses on Spring Boot deployed on AWS and React / React Native on the client side. We aim to automate repetitive actions where possible. In the infra-side, we let AWS do the heavy-lifting for us so we can focus on delivering business value. We need your help to onboard more applications on to the same stack!
You are a strong Software Engineer; you love to be hands-on the majority of the time. You are always looking for new ways to improve your solutions: you master the shortcuts of your favorite editor, pick up new tools and libraries when valuable and continue learning best practices and design patterns that improve the quality of your application.
- Contribute to Build-Run team from design to go-live and beyond.
- Design and develop new components
- Take ownership of the solutions, their architecture and non-functional qualities in production.
- Work as part of a Build-Run team, including teams of external vendors, developers, and architects to guide and assist in delivering business requirements
- Have close interaction with the business
- Help identify new talent in the market
- Inspiring and mentoring developers by being a role-model as you work together in the Build-Run team
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required:
- BSc in Computer Science or similar
- More than 7 years of relevant working experiences
- Essential technical/professional skills
- Recent Java versions
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Spring / Spring Boot
- Unit testing (JUnit)
- Build automation (Gradle/Maven + Bamboo)
- IDE (Eclipse / IntelliJ)
- Security fundamentals
- Essential non-technical/soft skills
- Strong hands-on coder
- Modeling skills (UML)
- Conceptual thinking
- Attention to quality
- Lifelong Learner
- Shares knowledge with others
- Seeks to understand underlying requirements and business rationale
- Appreciation of business domains in general
- Considers Software Architecture as part of development.