This is a 12 months contract role. Quartz is an integrated front-to-back position management, pricing, risk management and sales/trading system for all financial instruments across all GMRT business lines. Quartz is the strategic technology platform for all development in GMRT. The role is for a position within Equity Linked Technology Team, to develop software within the Quartz platform for several front office regulatory and control reports.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality software on timescales in an intellectually challenging environment.
- The successful candidate will be required to become proficient in the tools and methods of the team in a short space of time and will be expected to make an ongoing contribution to improving the design, performance and auditable quality of the overall solution.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the business and other stakeholders and should be able to manage business requirements into technical needs.
- Responsible for developing software in Python and associated technologies using the Quartz platform
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle using Scrum/Kanban practices
- Responsible for providing specific, measurable and accurate estimates on short timescales in an intellectually challenging environment
- Responsible for communicating and collaborating with business users for requirements, progress, delivery and support
- Work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Proven educational record in Computer Science (or relevant subjects)
- Hands-on experience in Python
- Good to have C++, Java or C#
- Good understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Strong problem-solving and analytics skills
- Good understanding of SDLC and application of Agile Methodologies including but not limited to automated testing (such as Test-Driven Development),
- Code Review, Continuous Integration and Version Control Systems