Social Media Channel Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Act as a Channel Manager for Social Media Channel within Group V&V team, responsible for devising social channel strategy and roadmap to enhance client engagement, increase customer satisfaction scores and drive sales.
As a subject matter expert, Social Channel Manager will monitor and improve channel performance, identify & manage partnerships with solution providers, benchmark competitive & industry trends to identify and assess new technologies relevant for the bank, and own the social channel roadmap to transform our social channels into viable business-generating channels for the bank, by delivering superior customer service to turn conversations into sales.
Channel manager will also work with country social teams to ensure regulatory / mandatory / business compliance of social channel, co-operating with relevant stakeholders in the Group (CABM, Product, Segment, Risk, etc.), Regional V&V Hubs & markets to track and optimise channel performance, expand capabilities and build a scalable business channel at optimal operating costs.
- Design strategy and development roadmap for the channel
- Define and manage quality standards, measurement and reporting and governance
- Track and monitor channel performance and identify areas for improvement
- Own the change management related to Social Media channel - gather and prioritise business change requests while managing planned outages and IT requests and upgrades
- Work with V&V Hubs & Country V&V teams to ensure agreed targets are met and drive continual channel optimisation
- Develop and implement training programmes to upskill agents to meet channel expansion plans and objectives
- Be updated on Social industry trends around Social Media activities including social commerce to drive adoption of new tech and solutions
- Identify, build and manage partnerships with industry partners and vendors
- Devise social channel operational guidelines, processes and data tagging methodology and govern usage of bank-approved social platform (currently Sprinklr) to ensure seamless social care operations and proper structure of social engagement data
- Develop business case to demonstrate costs and benefits, and secure stakeholder approvals and funding for new projects based on approved roadmap
- Support project implementation across markets as subject matter expert or Product Owner
- Collaborate with Analytics teams on data mapping strategies to augment bank data with social channel data
- Collaborate with CABM and Digital teams to drive top-of-funnel reach and engagement activities
- Collaborate with Cross-channel team to ensure social channel integration requirements are built into cross-channel plans to support omni-channel plans and deliverables
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Manage all Social Media Channel processes where a member of the Retail Voice & Virtual organization is the identified process owner and continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes. In addition, ensure effective management of associated risks within the function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations. This includes activities which are carried out by other businesses or functions or which are hubbed or outsourced.
- Accountable to risk control owners and/or Group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite and building a culture of good conduct in the Social Media Channel.
- Identify weaknesses across the end-to-end Social Channel risk and control environment and drive rectification as required.
- Act as a Business Strategic Owner/Business BAU Management Owner for Social Media Channel
- Ensure adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation.
- Ensure effective implementation of Risk Management framework throughout Retail Banking Contact Centres:
- Such that an appropriate risk appetite is clear and integral to the way all employees operate, implementing appropriate controls consistent with global strategy
- Effective processes are established and maintained to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
- Systems and procedures to safeguard the security, integrity and confidentiality of information
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas pertaining to the Social Media Channel
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Social Channel] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Voice & Virtual organization (Regional & Country)
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (Group, Regional & Country)
- Group Digital Commerce Team
- Digital Banking Teams (Regional & Country)
- Group Products & Segment Team
- Group Analytics Team
- Group ITO
- Cross-Channel Engagement
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values across Retail banking
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .