- Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 06 Mar 18
Snr Mgr,BalanceSheet Analytics
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
This role reports directly to the Lead Manager - Stress Testing seated within the Group Finance Capital and Liquidity team
. The successful candidate for this position will play a key role in engaging the business in the review and challenge process of the Business Volume and Margin projection in the Bank's Enterprise Wide Stress Test such as, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), Bank-of-England (BOE) and others. The candidate will play a key role in governing the Finance stress test workstream and ensure the Finance stress test results are accurate and impactful.
The candidate will need the following core skills:
- Analytical skills to understand, reconcile, and draw out appropriate conclusions,
- Communication skills to present results and conclusions, influence and propose actions for stakeholders,
- Stakeholder management skills to maintain positive dialogue and relationships across the Bank.
- Project management skills to ensure that timelines and deliverables are met and at a high quality.
- Good knowledge of Excel and PPT
- Knowledge of Tableau will be considered a positive plus.
This role's key components include:
2. Business engagement
- Coordinating engagement with products, segments, and/or countries to understand behaviour, performance, and portfolio profiles under various scenarios. This will be performed in conjunction with our Modelling team.
- Documentation and presentation of model methodology, assumptions, in compliance with requirements, sensitivities, and drivers for projections to the different products.
- Lead integration of business feedback into modelling and review output accordingly, taking into account all different dimensions - segment, geographies and products - of the bank.
- Work alongside business stakeholders to develop, understand, and translate business impacts into financial projections.
- Assist modeller in understanding and translating business and market drivers into financial projections.
- Manage timelines around the stress test exercises with regards to business socialisation for feedback integration in the modelling and basis of preparation.
3. Analytics and Advisory
- Analysis and benchmarking of stress and base case scenarios for each of the products in the bank.
- Interfacing with the data and modelling teams to ensure data requirements are met as stipulated by the Regulator or by internal reporting requirements.
- Consolidating and reporting results to businesses. Identifying conclusions and proposals for proactive action and decision making.
- Support documentation of stress test models methodology
- Support process, controls, and documentation requirements
- Assist to engage, influence and maintain successful working relationships with:
§ External regulatory audience (PRA) for BOE Stress Testing
§ Planning team within CLM for all related base financial forecast data
§ Portfolio Risk, Country, Risk and Model Validation for all scenario and risk interfaces/analysis
4. Stress Test Delivery
- Lead the preparation of business pack for stress test meeting with business stakeholders.
- Lead the Basis of Preparation of Business Volume and Margin Projection in line with modelling methodology and assumptions.
- Lead the preparation of MI packs for senior management, businesses, and committees.
- Identifying, documenting and managing enhancements and improvements in process, approach, reporting, or analytics.
- Monitoring and documentation of all review and challenge of projection for lessons learnt and model enhancement.
CANDIDATES' IDEAL REQUIREMENTS:
Educational Background / Qualifications & Skills:
· Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
· Keen learner profile with an interest in the commercial banking or global market business
· Excellent communication, power point, and excel skills, supported by a good eye for details, basic common sense and a zest of creativity
· Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
· Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness
· Qualification towards CFA or FRM will be considered positively
· Broad business, strategy, credit, finance, treasury, or regulatory reporting of at least 8-10 years in the banking or financial services industry
· Track-record of gathering complex information, making sense of it and delivering clear, high-impact messages for decision-making.
· Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines
· Prior exposure to issues around market strategy, client planning, asset allocation, liquidity, Basel framework, balance sheet, risk management and /or Treasury
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.