See job description for details
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team in NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
Business used to rely on technology, now business is technology, and customer experience is the IT experience. Navigating and harnessing this digital transformation quickly is how to get ahead but it comes with challenges. NCS designed to help accelerate digital transformation by making Hybrid IT simple and powering the new way of operations. By leveraging NCS's strength in infrastructure, partner ecosystems and end-to-end lifecycle experience, solutions are optimized supporting unique business demands.
The Transformation Office brings together a creative workforce that innovates and revolutionise our workplace & customers' experience. We imbue a culture of commitment to operational excellence, collaboration, people development, and creative thinking. We inspire an outcome that transforms and modernised the way people live and work.
The Messaging System Engineer works within the group on the operation of the messaging systems, responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of such systems ensuring operational high availability. Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess
- Planning, coordinating and performing maintenance activities, upgrades, patches and disaster recovery tests
- Perform Level 2 day to day operation of Exchange 2013/2016 and Skype for business environments which includes change, system administration, performance and availability management.
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange messaging & Skype for Business Messaging infrastructures
- Support Directory synchronization, SMTP, Relay hosting and Internet messaging environments
- Perform assessments and health checks of existing solutions and provide best practice recommendation and guidance to customers
- Provide Technical assessment and advisory to customers relating to design, installation, configuration, including system upgrade and migration of mailboxes
- Monitor availability and functionality of Exchange systems, as well as utilization and planning for server systems capacity upgrades
- Act on System outages, ensuring optimal SLA results and follow up in diagnosing and resolving any system problems. Troubleshoot Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Work with other technical teams including network engineers and vendors, as necessary, to support system upgrade and maintenance activities
- Creating and maintaining clear and concise technical documentation.
- Candidates should have working experience with both Microsoft Exchange (2013/2016) and Active Directory in an enterprise environment, including in depth familiarity with Windows Server (2012/2016) , Skype for business 2015 and related technologies.
- Team leading experiences is an additional advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook client support, SMTP mail routing, DNS, OWA is a must.
- At least 3-5 years' hands-on deployment and support experience in server infrastructure for Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2013/2016/2019, Skype for business
- Candidates are required to handle clients professionally during all interfaces, and are customer oriented, and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.