See job description for details
Business used to rely on technology, now business is technology, and customer experience is the IT experience. Navigating and harnessing this digital transformation quickly is how to get ahead but it comes with challenges. NCS designed to help accelerate digital transformation by making Hybrid IT simple and powering the new way of operations. By leveraging NCS's strength in infrastructure, partner ecosystems and end-to-end lifecycle experience, solutions are optimized supporting unique business demands.
The Transformation Office brings together a creative workforce that innovates and revolutionise our workplace & customers' experience. We imbue a culture of commitment to operational excellence, collaboration, people development, and creative thinking. We inspire an outcome that transforms and modernised the way people live and work. Primary Purpose
The Senior Consultant is responsible to develop GIS applications using bespoke open source libraries and GIS partner products on design requirements and ensure software are working to specification, program codes have conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting schedule and requirements. Responsibilities
- Lead team in technical design and development
- Define system-level application architecture that includes high-level design, architectural policies and principles, design and programming guidelines, implementation risks and mitigation measures, software development and integration strategies, software configuration controls, etc.
- Deliver bespoke GIS application and configuration and setup of GIS products
- Front customers in technical discussions and requirements gathering
- Analyse process/program specifications & translate specifications to program codes, conforming to GIS guidelines and GIS best practices
- Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits
- Provide technical leadership in project(s) or major modules independently.
- Lead and guide the team in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
- Lead the team in investigation on all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
- Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Analyse functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
- Perform maintenance scope of work for projects in production
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Lead and work with the team to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
- Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality.
- Experience in working .Net/ASP.Net Technologies, web services, Java Script, HTML5 development, & REST API
- Strong knowledge of geodatabase management and ArcGIS Server configuration
- Excellent knowledge in Database design, developing PL SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers using Oracle / SQL Server
- Develop, deploy, and maintain GIS applications built with ArcGIS Software/extensions
- Must have good knowledge on ESRI suites of technologies like Desktop, Server, ArcPro
- Development experience in ESRI's Arc Objects API
- Development using ArcGIS Pro SDK will be added advantage
- Implementation in cloud will be added advantage
- Experience with 3D map will be preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills and open to learn new technologies
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy
- Customer focused
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
- Able to travel as required