Snr Associate / AVP, KYC / AML Team Lead, IBG-Group COO
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards.
The KYC Team Lead is to manage a team of 4 to 6 staff, who are performing KYC screening for new account opening / reviews / batch alerts screening. Furthermore, he / she needs to ensure the standardisation and consistency of case screenings of the team members. Lastly, he / she will be the first point of escalation to provide AML advisory, to coach and provide guidance to the team in completing the case screenings in a timely manner.
- Manage a team of 4 â€" 6 staff who are focusing on either:
- New account screening
- Periodic, trigger and remediation CDD screening
- Actimise batch alert screening
- Ensure standardization and consistency of screening amongst team members.
- Provide first level of AML advisory to complex cases which were raised by team members. Where necessary, escalate to Group FCSS for advice/concurrence, where Group CDD Standard is silent or unclear.
- Ensure that team members are apprised of latest CDD Standard, guidelines and developments, through coaching and team learning/sharing.
- Conduct sampling checks on the quality of CDD and screening performed by KYC case maker, and IBG KYC screener respectively.
- Prepare reports for management, reporting on the CDD review status.
- Proactively monitor the productivity of team members and AOS KYC screening queues, to avoid backlogs, as well as adhere to Service Level Agreement (SLA) where applicable.
- Identify reasons for screening rejections, and work with overall IBG KYC Leader, IBG SG COO and / or IBG SG AML Champions, to raise awareness, fix the root cause, and reduce occurrences of screening rejection.
- Conduct trainings for BU teams where necessary.
- Participate in AML Assurance Testing, and other KYC initiatives where required.
- Generate workflow reports pertaining to screener activity, scheduling and resource planning.
- Planning, forecasting and monitoring the capacity of team members.
- Communicate progress reports to corporate banking teams weekly.
- Identify staff training needs based on quality / productivity metrics and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years of AML/KYC experience dealing with corporate customers.
- Strong risk and control mindset.
- People-oriented with interpersonal skills, to manage the diversity of the team members and to coach them for improved performance.
- Meticulous in picking up errors in case screenings.
- Able to multi-task and have positive attitude to motivate the team members towards meeting the targets set.
- MIS, metrics and efficiency analysis skills, with the ability to benchmark and track performance improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to program in JAVA would be a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.