Site Reliability Engineers (Development)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm's most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our businesses to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment. The Position:
- Direct exposure to best-in-class Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, disciplines and tooling
- Adhere to and drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture.
- Develop, support, improve & administer the Firm's primary business-critical trading infrastructure
- Create and support automation tooling to improve the reliability of the platform and to increase the productivity of the team.
- Provide critical day-to-day support for a massive scale, distributed system
- Assess monitoring & alert signals to determine impact and risk to the business and contribute to the incident management process
- The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative.
Good to have
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Willingness to learn new languages and programming paradigms (functional programming for example)
- Previous experience in a blameless SRE environment would be a plus
- Previous Linux exposure or willingness to learn
- Degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Works effectively and thrives in a team while able to operate independently, self-motivation is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For more information you can email Ganjapan Chamsaeng in our Singapore office on email@example.com quoting Job Reference 524085 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest. http://jobs.en-sg.teksystems.com/wCeZIC/site-reliability-engineers-development-itcommunications-singapore-singapore-14806492 Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544