Site Reliability Engineer - Securities Trade Processing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What we do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
We own, evolve and support the technology platforms that handle the post-execution processing for the Securities Execution, Prime Clearing, and Prime Brokerage businesses. This includes exchange and broker trade processing, internal firm/firm trades and client delivery across physical and synthetic products. We are at the start of a multi-year convergence program to deliver all of these businesses onto a single, high scalable platform, enabling business growth with reduced operational costs.
We're looking for highly technical, commercially minded, software engineers who enjoy seeing things done differently to join us on this exciting journey.
About the team
Our team consists of 17 people in Singapore and around 70 globally. Almost all of our projects are cross-location and cross-function, meaning we work directly with Front Office, Operations, Legal, Tax, and our Engineering colleagues from those areas, across the wider firm.
We work directly with Operations and Securities sales/trading, to design and implement, a wide range of functions including trade aggregators, trade matchers, payment systems, intercompany trade booking and settlement systems, and connectivity to exchanges, counterparties and vendors. Our Exception Workflow and Business Intelligence tooling allows our Operations teams to respond to client enquiries and monitor service levels.
Our Post Execution platform consists of a variety of applications that demand high throughput, performance and availability, including our strategic new Post Execution Sequencer platform which is a brand new/greenfield initiative to converge all of our businesses onto a single technology platform, to proving much better scalability, improved resiliency and reducing the time needed to develop and deliver new features.
Highly-developed analytical and technical skills, combined with a commercial and collaborative approach to problem solving, are essential to our success. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintain, support, improve & administer the Firm's business-critical securities trade processing applications
- Create and support automation tooling to improve the reliability of the platform and to increase the productivity of the team.
- Run the Production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Balance feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture
- Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- Proficiency in Java and any scripting language (e.g. shell, python etc)
- Ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Experience with supporting large and distributed systems
- Hand-on experience with debugging and optimizing code
- Experience with distributed systems maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Coding beyond simple scripts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity