Singapore Portfolio Services Graduate Trainee Programme 2018
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
As a graduate trainee with Schroders, you have the opportunity to immerse into the various operational teams in Portfolio Services. In the process, you will gain new skills, be involved in innovative projects and implement solutions.Your abilities will be stretched as we assign you to work on initiatives under a time critical environment.
Together with your graduate peers, you will join an internal training programme introducing various aspects of the Investment Management business and the technology that supports it. After the completion of your initial training, you will start your rotation programme. You will also be enrolled in relevant technical & business courses to advance your professional development. By the end of the programme, you would have attained a broad understanding of the different disciplines within Portfolio Services and take on a key position within the Portfolio Onboarding team.
Overview of role
Your primary objective is to coordinate and implement portfolio transition initiatives so as to ensure adequate support for investment activities.
Key responsibilities of Portfolio Onboarding include:
- Liaison with other departments/entities to build and develop good working relationship between Portfolio Services and its internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordination of portfolio transition matters with internal departments, other Schroders entities and external parties relating to:
- New Portfolio
- In-specie transfer
- Portfolio restructuring
- Fund re-organisation
- Custody changes
- Lost portfolio
- Coordinating account opening and closure documentation with account managers
- Coordinating operational and system set-up within Portfolio Services to support client’s requirements
- Coordinating with custodians on custody set up and FX support
- Agreeing service level and bedding down operational processes with custodians
- Ensuring accounts are set up with brokers and counterparties for investment
- Managing post transition reconciliation before handing over to BAU
We want people who are passionate, strong communicators with a lot of ambition and an appetite for challenge.
If you are someone who strives for excellence, comfortable with working in diverse teams and highly innovative, a career as a Portfolio Services Graduate at Schroders may be for you.
You should have good command of the following skills:
- Graduate with strong academic records, including a 2:1 honours degree or above/equivalent.
- Highly motivated individual who has a genuine interest in the financial services industry.
- Produces exceptional quality of work demonstrating precision and structure.
- Works well in a team to achieve group goals and can perform independently on individual assignments.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of applying intelligent, insightful and practical judgement to the area of work.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate and engage stakeholders of all levels.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favourably, e.g. volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Interested candidates please submit your application by 19 November 2017.