Singapore IT Country Risk & Governance
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
You will work in the Singapore IT Country Management Function part of APAC Technology & Change organization, an upbeat, ambitious and open environment, responsible for oversight and governance of Information Security and Technology risks and compliance with technology-related regulatory obligations across all areas of CS IT for Singapore. This role offers a broad exposure to a wide variety of both operational and strategic topics with the opportunity to seek solutions for challenging real world problems, support change initiatives across Singapore and interact with senior technologists/leaders. You will be responsible to support the Singapore IT Country Coverage lead with various initiatives, particularly in, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Singapore IT Country Management
As member of Singapore IT Country Management team, responsible for all aspects of IT governance and ensuring regulatory compliance
• Evolve Singapore IT Governance in alignment with MAS individual accountability and conduct guidelines; manage ongoing governance including owning / preparing meeting agenda / required material by engaging various key IT partners and maintaining required field around governance such as meeting minutes / actions, etc.
• Responsible for defining, maintaining critical metrics for IT country governance and for ongoing compliance monitoring of key technology-related regulatory obligations in Singapore such as MAS TRMG, MAS644, MAS655 and coordinate the IT responses to audits, regulatory inspections / surveys, etc.
• Accountable for outsourcing governance of IT owned external and intra-group arrangements by engaging representatives from IT functions including representing IT in the country / regional outsourcing governance forums and IT updates for regular outsourcing inventory submission to the MAS
• Provide management support to regional IT management in preparing IT updates for global / regional governance forums by engaging other key partners such as CISO
• Promote best-practices by contributing to broader regional APAC IT country management mandate covering all SEA countries; drive consistency in implementation of IT country governance framework and minimum bar expectations to support other regional IT country managers
Your future colleagues
The APAC Technology and Change organization is responsible for the engineering and support of technology solutions, implementation of change programs, and the associated change, design and data governance for the APAC Division. The department encompasses the APAC Wealth Management and Products IT organizations, together with coordinated cross-divisional capabilities for Chief of Staff, Chief Operating Officer, Risk and Control, Program Management and Governance.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
N/A - pending TWWW agreement
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.