Singapore Financial Controller
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Financial Controllership team based in Singapore. This role directly reports into our APAC Regional Financial Controller and will be responsible for all related controllership tasks for the Singapore entities.
The primary objective of the role is to ensure all entities within Singapore are compliant from a statutory and reporting perspective within the specified deadlines, can add value to the business from a controllership perspective and sustain strong relationships with the Senior Leadership Stakeholders, Finance and other parts of the Regional and Global business.
You will be responsible for balance sheet integrity, supporting key financial processes including month end close; reporting and forecasting for capex and cashflow; statutory financial reporting and managing external audit relationships. Compliance and control on processes, policies and audit to ensure internal and external governance are managed.
You will also be working closely with the Regional and Country finance teams as well as colleagues based in Group Finance. We are therefore looking for someone who not only has the capability to meet technical requirements but also displays the behaviours needed to interface with a range of stakeholders across multiple countries and cultures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who has:
- Ensure compliance with all statutory filings and reporting deadlines for all entities within Singapore.
- Supporting commercial business aspects such as Capex Business Case development.
- Deliver accurate financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Capex and Cashflow) to meet monthly, quarterly and annual global deadlines and maintaining compliance to accounting policies.
- Manage the monthly forecast and variance analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet, Capex and Cashflow), be a trusted advisor that applies sound judgment to make recommendations to help mitigate variances and risk to achieve financial targets
- Work together with Country finance to prepare annual budgets (Balance Sheet, Capex and Cashflow)
- Adherence to IFRS and local Statutory accounting standards, delegated authority matrix and various policies and assess control risk as necessary
- Ensure the efficient and effective completion of internal and external statutory audit within deadlines.
- Identify process standardisation and optimisation of reporting opportunities and deliver ways to simplify the analysis and reporting processes in order to create informative, value-adding outputs
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders remotely
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and respond under ambiguous situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and is highly logical and numerate
- Ability to present ideas and opinions in a collaborative, credible and influential manner
- A continuous improvement mind-set and experience in process improvement will be an added advantage
- Appreciate result oriented culture and environment
- 5+ years' relevant experience in audit or controllership
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA/CIMA qualification
- Excellent people skills with proven track record of working with remote stakeholders effectively.
- Experience in financial reporting for a complete entity, accounting standards interpretation, local tax regulations and managing an external audit.
- Proficiency in financial systems and applications; Oracle, Hyperion, reporting tools and Microsoft Excel will be added advantage