Singapore FCC Advisory Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Our Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") function is responsible for advising the business on the appropriate standards for compliance with the applicable AML/CFT laws, rules and regulations, advising on higher money laundering risk clients and transactions, providing training and the monitoring of client activities.
In this role you would be part of the Advisory, Policy and Governance pillar of the FCC Program for the Private Banking ("PB") business in Singapore. You would report into the Singapore Head of this function.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards Responsibilities
- Guide the business in implementing procedures and policies that meet local regulatory requirements and global minimum standards
- Together with the Singapore Head of FCC Advisory, Policy and Governance, you will build and maintain the appropriate governance and management information mechanisms and processes to ensure country, business senior management and FCC APAC management have sufficient oversight of FCC risks and the health of the FCC Program
- Counsel the functions on interpreting FCC external regulations and rules as well as internal policies and procedures
- Provide advice to business on potential higher risk transactions from clients and other issues
- Support the head of the function in the preparation and administration of the SG FCC Governance Committee
- Advise on any money laundering risk presented by new business, new products and services, new technologies and business acquisitions etc
- Represent FCC as needed on various run-the-bank and change-the-bank projects
- Coordinate with auditors and local regulator during audits and exams and internal assurance teams or compliance testing reviews etc
- In coordination with other FCC teams, develop and/or deliver FCC training to the PB business
- Involved in the planning, preparation and leading of the annual enterprise wide risk assessment process for Singapore operations
- Expected to have an outstanding knowledge of international issues that relate to FCC incl new typologies, risk themes and be able to ascertain their relevance to the Singapore market
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Degree qualified with at least 8 years of solid track record in FCC AML in a similar FCC policy, advisory or governance role
- Cerebral with high integrity and an eye for detail as well as ability to think strategically on issues and propose potential resolutions
- Confident communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Adaptable to a fast pace environment and able to prioritize and deliver within timelines
- Proactive, dedicated, can work under pressure and assertive, taking initiative when appropriate and show positive attitude with a 'can do' approach!
- Proficient in Singapore AML/CFT laws and regulations and standard methodologies. Knowledge of international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg) would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Private Banking services and products is an added advantage
- Prior experience in dealing with auditors, regulatory authorities on financial crime related matters
- Collaborate with diverse set of partners across the bank including, business, operations, other Compliance colleagues and regional FCC management etc.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.