Service Line Specialist - Experience Engineering
Summary of Role:
Service Line Specialists (SLS) provide deep expertise in a Service Line Practice Area to support the Client Leadership Team to close new and expansion opportunities on accounts. They are actively involved in growing the service line's footprint and working with the Client Partners to engage clients with service line opportunities.
In this role, the SLS will focus on Experience Engineering which covers three key areas of Cognizant Digital Business - Software Product Engineering, Enterprise Application Modernisation and Digital Experience
. He or she will balance client/project responsibilities with business development and sales responsibilities including identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities within Enterprise Engineering. The position also requires working with and leveraging a top-notch client leadership team. The individual will also be developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating the account in addition to cross selling Cognizant's emerging services. The SLS will collaborate with the Client Partners in achieving "trusted advisor" status and have a mix of strategic and tactical management experience. Roles and Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Market Leadership:
- Lead and champion Cognizant's Digital Experience, Product Engineering and Enterprise Engineering in market
- Collaborate across all of Cognizant Digital Business practices and offerings in AI, Data, IoT to ensure we grow share in world class digital innovation, mobile/web applications helping clients reinvent their businesses
- Achieve annual revenue targets for Digital Experience, Product Engineering and Enterprise Engineering in market against accounts assigned.
- Work closely with Client Partners and overall team to develop and execute client strategy
- Provide subject matter expertise to proposal development and overall solution.
- Relationship Management:
- Execute and manage the account plan within function/specialism in collaboration with the Client Partner
- Invest time in strengthening existing client relationships. Participates in reviews and provides educated and relevant perspectives.
- Client Relationship Management; engage with CXO, VP and Director level clients
- Business Development:
- Respond to and deliver on client requests; responds to RFP's.
- Identify opportunities, makes proactive proposals to client in line with account strategy.
- Obtain appropriate approvals to pursue opportunities.
- Lead pursuits to close new and expansion opportunities related to their sales specialisms, working closely with Client Leadership Team.
- Secure revenue renewals related to their sales specialisms.
- Engage the relevant internal Cognizant teams and service lines team for developing solutions.
- End to end account management including account forecasting, budgeting and operations.
- Handle risks and issues related to the account, including delivery oversight
- Create and present account; QBR presentations and executive status reports
Strong combination in the following:
(Candidates should have a strong domain experience in one of the 3 areas of Software Engineering, Enterprise Application Modernisation or User Experience with a good understanding of at least one of the other two areas. Strong knowledge in Software Engineering will be an advantage)
- 10+ years of experience in a senior-level consulting client-facing role or account manager leadership role with good knowledge and prior experience and a strong track record in selling in the following areas of Experience Engineering:
- Software Product Engineering approaches, agile methodology and building green fields application using cloud native solutions.
- Large scale Enterprise Application modernisation and migration using Micro-services architecture and cloud native solutions with DevOps.
- User Experience Design, Design Thinking, UX/UI and customer engagement across web, mobile, omni-channel experience, ecommerce.
- Understanding drivers and enablers of digital transformation within companies, eg, data, Applications, Cloud
- Recent experience working for IT professional services or management consulting firm(s)
- Recent experience managing global service delivery model(s)
- Excellent problem solving, business communication (written & oral), and client management skills are essential
- Ability to build client relationships; strengthening partnerships by focusing on exceptional client experience, risk management and value realization built on the foundation of Cognizant leadership capabilities
- Experience developing opportunity pipelines, qualifying high priority deals, and winning new business in line with agreed targets
- Experience closing sales with a specific emphasis on growing sales. Specifically, win new deals in customer account per pre-agreed targets.
- Proven leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution, strategic and critical thinking and ownership, particularly with highly diverse teams
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual and highly-matrixed environment
- Bachelor's degree required OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience