The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for acting as the first point of contact through handling of calls and emails to the Service Desk from customers in relation to Service Desk and IT related issues.
Coordination of technical support:
- Provide 1st level end user support for workspace technologies such as Desktop, Laptop, Email, Telephony and Mobile.
- Provide 1st level support for inhouse and external applications, video conferencing.
- Meet the call/email handling time to ensure call/email logging queues are kept to a minimum.
- Participate in training prior to the system launch date to ensure new systems are supported effectively
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents and problems using Remedy/Service Now (SNOW) in reference to the ITIL Framework liaising with 2nd and 3rd line teams to ensure timely resolution of simple to complex IT issues, to ensure smooth delivery of service to the business.
- Managing support enquiries reported to Service Desk and actioning service requests.
- Co-Ordinate with various external vendors in terms of support and delivery.
- Delivering projects and service improvements when needed.
- Coordination with regional counterparts.
- Coordinate and update the Service Desk Knowledge Base to improve first level resolution
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date
Incident and problem management:
- Log, classify and keep current all incident, request, and problems via the Incident Management System, to ensure the integrity of call data and problem management analysis.
- Deliver the information required to resolve incidents and the fulfilment of service requests.
- Triage to 2nd/3rd Line Support Teams when necessary
Best practice and compliance:
- Enter allocation of assigned time accurately to ensure the time recording system accurately reflects project assignments.
- Process all calls via phone and e-mail in line with the current call logging procedures, call priorities and escalation procedures to promote best practice.
- Enter incident data according to required standards to ensure continuous improvement and resolution of incidents in a timely manner.
- Identify service improvement initiatives, to ensure process improvement.
- Ensure knowledge is documented for individual and team benefit and promote best practice.
- Follow support scope and work with integrity to ensure we meet business expectations.
- Maintain a professional approach, to ensure a high level of call quality and service delivery
- Accountable for achieving individual KPIs specific to the Service Desk area to ensure the defined internal KPIs are achieved.
- Participate in adhoc projects/initiatives.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft based applications
- Experience in Windows 7/10 desktop O/S environments
- Good working knowledge of hardware (HP, Ricoh, Toshiba, Apple, Microsoft)
- Voice/Telephony Support – Avaya
- Mobile devices (iPhones & iPads) and MDM knowledge
- Good understanding of VPN/Citrix
- Basic Active Directory knowledge
- Assertive, Confident, and proactive
- Customer Service Orientated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Experience in supporting multi sites across Asia
- Successful applicant must come from a banking environment with proven experience.
- Strong technical skillsets across windows desktop environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to investigate root cause.
- Degree/Diploma in IT or equivalent
- ITIL certification would be an advantage
- Industry recognised IT certifications i.e. Microsoft is desirable.