Senior / Support Engineer
He / She will maintain and monitor the performance and health of the live production systems. He / She will also be supporting the business users to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents that are impacting both our customers and business operations, and in the process, work with the business to identify potential enhancements.
On-the-job training will be provided. He / She will have the opportunity to work within a small agile team comprising of both business and technical staff. The environment will be fast-moving, and enhancements to improve customer experience will be rolled out quickly. Responsibilities
• Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support to business users to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents.
• Assist in onsite deployment and operational support activities.
• Manage and establish strong working relationship with business user and vendor for the system(s) you are working on.
• Identify, communicate and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools relating to the role.
• Keep abreast of mobile technology and industry developments to ensure technical knowledge remains current to support the system(s).
• Be on rotation standby duty. Requirement
- Degree in IT / Engineering related field with at least 3 years working in a Support or Services role
- Candidate with working experience in Telco environment would have added advantage
- Technical skillset preferred (not all mandatory)
- IT and Web Service Protocols (SOAP, REST)
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, BASH)
- OS and Programming (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Java, C++)
- Monitoring Applications and Visualization (Prometheus/Dynatrace/PRTG)
- Monitoring protocols (SNMP, JMX)
- IP network design (routing/switching, load balancing, resilience concepts)
- Cloud/Virtualisation (VMware, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes/Docker, Openshift, KVM)
- Apache Kafka and Apache ActiveMQ
*We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills