Senior Web Developer- Nexus
Nexus is a venture incubated within SC Ventures, the innovation arm of Standard Chartered. Our goal is to deliver Banking-as-a-service platform and solution at scale.
We are looking for a high performer to expand our growing web developer team. You will help us design and deliver modern web applications to support nexus business and operation capabilities.
You will be a part of highly collaborative cross functional team that will have front end and, back end engineers, scrum masters, and product owners. You will have high level of autonomy and will be able to influence in technical directions taken. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design and solution front end architecture for the web application based in ReactJS
- Involve in the whole process of web application lifecycle: architecture design, development, testing and release for multiple platforms
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of web applications
- Work closely with Product owners, Back end engineers, QA testers, DevOps, and Scrum masters in highly collaborative Agile teams.
- Write and maintain clean, readable, efficient and performant code that adheres to the coding standards used
- Translate designs and wireframes into functional components
- Write unit tests in Testing Library and Jest
- Participate in code reviews with peers
- At least 7 years professional working experience in front end development
- Hands-on ReactJS and NodeJS development experience
- Good knowledge of UX best practices
- Solid understanding of state management libraries like Redux / Redux Saga / Thunk middleware
- Ability to, both run on your own as an individual contributor and providing direction to a team
- Familiarity with common front-end libraries - Material UI/Bootstrap/others
- Ability to speak to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working familiarity and understanding of the back end, i.e. REST APIs, SQL/NoSQL Databases or similar experience with remote data via RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Experience with common front-end development tools like Create React App, Babel, Webpack and/or NPM
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements or supporting complex web application development
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Familiarity with unit testing and end to end testing libraries and frameworks
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge of CI/CD is a plus
- Open minded, and able to take inputs and feedbacks
- Proactive and helpful not only to your squad, but other squads as well
- Speak your mind, communicate well and concise
- Have a strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence product/platform direction