Senior Vice President - Model Risk Management and Risk MIS
- Global Consumer Banking (GCB) Credit Risk Management function helps to ensure the balance between risk and reward within the diverse lending businesses.
- Assists in portfolio performance monitoring & evaluation, loss forecasting methodologies and risk model management.
- Promote risk culture of trust, transparency and accountability. Ensure compliance and adherence of regulations and policies.Job Purpose:
- Support Country Risk Manager (CRM) in portfolio risk management to ensure adherence, compliance and timely reporting with accuracy and consistency.
- Provide information for CRM to reinforce clear risk appetite in business in delivering standard risk management framework of oversight and controls
- Make credit decisions based on transparent, accurate, analytics and to escalate issues when necessary
Qualifications and Competencies
- Key responsibilities can be broken down into 3 parts (a) Global Regulatory and Corporate reporting (b) Local Regulatory reporting including loss and provision forecasting (c) Model development, monitoring and management
- Manage a team of 9-10 employees to support the key responsibilities of Model Risk Management and Risk MIS
- Develop, maintain and monitor credit losses forecasting models for Consumer Banking to ensure model relevancy for Planning and Stress testing (CCAR, ICAAP and MAS Stress Testing).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of Model Risk Management and Loss Provision guidelines against Global and Local Regulatory policies/guidance.
- Undertake holistic review and maintenance of credit losses forecast models and processes to ensure best practice benchmarks are developed and adhered through a process of continuous improvement. Identify and escalate emerging and material risks within products losses and performance of forecasting models to Country Risk Manager.
- Partner with Risk Governance team and finance for the development of appropriate risk scenarios for local stress testing exercises with stakeholders and other risks groups for ICAAP and Scenario Planning. Engage with stakeholders in the delivery of stress test results in timely manner.
- Develop MIS framework and methodology for Portfolio quality reports and performance reporting to cater for local regulator, regional and global. Mitigate inconsistent, inaccurate and error in reporting.
- Establish and strengthen competency in building quantitative and analytical capability in support of strategic planning within risk team. Maintain strong discipline on compliance and controls aspects of the function.
- Provide risk oversight on models performance and compliance to Model Risk Management policy and Chap 17 of Global Consumer Credit and Fraud Risk Policies (GCCFRP). Ensure consistent tracking and monitoring of models performances. Work closely with Region model management team to ensure models breaches and model accuracy MIS are analyzed and escalated for improvement in timely manner.
- Facilitate new models development and implementation with GMRA and Technology. Provide guidance on all the UATs testing to ensure smooth models implementation.
- Ensure model documentation (Models Development Document Template and Annual Model Renewal are completed and approved as per Policy
- Establish and strengthen competency in building quantitative and analytical capability in support of strategic planning within reporting team.
- Develop succession planning and create opportunity for people development and cross functional learning.
- Specialist in consumer banking with 12+ years' experience and preferably have experienced in model risk and risk reporting/MIS.
- Strong business acumen with ability to translate MIS or models results into business strategies.
- Familiar with MAS guidelines and regulatory requirements to support the reporting process.
- Ability to balance both quantitative and qualitative skills, providing support to CRM
- Technical acumen; problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Planning and organization skills
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate financials
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .