Senior VP, Procurement Governance & Operations, Group CRES
Posting Date: 26-Sep-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Group Finance and Corporate Services
function manages the financial, administrative and Real Estate needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals. Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Governance & Operations Head must be able to work in close collaboration with each team within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement function to :
- define, enhance, document and implement Strategic Sourcing and Procurement standards in terms of policies, processes, interfaces to other processes, key procedures, data and systems used to support the process.
- identify efficiency opportunities from an end-to-end perspective
- drive standardised procurement processes that deliver holistic value
- execute process improvement
- implement program for compliance with Third Party Risk Management framework
- potentially manage a team of 5-7 resources
- deliver sourcing operations support to the Strategic Sourcing team
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree from any recognised University or recognised establishment (Business, Finance, Engineering or accounting will be beneficial)
- Professional certifications in the field of Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain (e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM) are advantageous
- Professional certification in Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent is useful but not mandatory
- Minimum 12-15 years of relevant working experience in continuous improvement, process development improvement and project management, or experience in strategic procurement (Source-to-contract and Procure-to-pay) including at least 5 years in a people management capacity. Experience in procurement environment will be advantageous.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and to deliver confidently and effectively to management level .
- Performance-driven balanced with proven success of working effectively in a cross-functional team in an international environment.
- Process-oriented and possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to have a holistic view.
- Strong project management experience.
- Change management experience is useful.
- Knowledge and experience in working with e-sourcing tools and systems is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the use of tools and systems e.g SAP, MS Projects, Qlik, Power BI and other tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
Apply now and make a difference.