Senior VP, Head of Incubation Service, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 02-Jul-2021
Location: Alexandra, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Help build the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) and create community of practice (CoP)
- Help set and manage the vision and strategy for cloud architecture, security, site reliability and operations
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Infrastructure engineering, Application Architecture, Application engineering and Information Security to develop the cloud roadmap for the UOB Group.
- Provide technical leadership, best practices, research and support, mentoring, and coaching for the staff
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation leveraging a matrixed organization
- Build a team of cloud experts to evangelize for a highly available, reliable, secure cloud platform that complies to regulatory requirements.
- Guide cloud investment decisions to innovate for value
- Operationalize consistent cloud migration procedures
- Support cloud security and compliance governance
- Liaise with external vendors to accomplish cloud design, development, and operations goals
- Continuously develop and improve services offered by the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE)
- Identify opportunities for cloud efficiency enhancements across the organization
- Champion the Infrastructure as Code transition
The high global exposure and fast pace in this position requires an executive with proven technology operations background with extensive experience with cloud-based platforms. The CCoE leader needs to possess a high level of business (preferably banking) and tech acumen to provide strategic and tactical guidance.
Be a part of UOB Family
- MBA or Master of Science in Computer Science related field preferred
- Minimum 15 Experience in an operational, management, or services delivery role
- 5 years of managerial experience in a technological role
- 5 years Hands-on experience in 24x7x365 cloud operations
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history driving process, operational efficiencies, and best practices across cross functional teams
- Exceptional project management and organization skills with ability to manage across several initiatives
- Knowledgeable in how to implement Data Sovereignty, Privacy, Security, and other compliance considerations in a cloud environment
- Experience integrating with 3rd party service platforms
- Experience building and growing a team
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.