Senior VP, Agile & DevOps Practice Lead, Microservices & Continuous Delivery, Group Technology
Posting Date: 27-Apr-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The Agile and DevOps Practice Lead is responsible for implementing best practices across the organization to drive improved software delivery quality and speed. The successful candidate will be expected to help define the road map to roll out Agile and DevOps Practices across the Bank, leveraging methodologies, successes and tooling which already exist at UOB. Key Responsibilities:
Other areas of responsibility:
- Driving and coaching Agile & DevOps practice adoption across application development domains
- Ensuring best practices are captured, continuous improvement applied and retrospectives run with key learnings widely disseminated
- Program management and governance of DevOps projects
- Providing oversight and alignment of third party engagements
- Design, build and run a Bank-wide Agile and DevOps Practice
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and best in class principles
- Manage and facilitation of Agile coaches to key projects
- Evaluate and measure the success and maturity of Agile practices. Providing regular reports to key stakeholders and senior technology management
- Help onboard teams and key stakeholders into the agile way of working.
- Support teams to become Agile 'literate' and continuously ascend the Agile maturity curve
- Evangelize Agile and DevOps at all levels
- Evidence of creating an Agile practice strategy and follow through with its successful implementation
- Successful track record of program/project managing Agile and DevOps transformations
- Have led and managed Agile coaches
- Experience in coaching on best practices for both Agile and DevOps
- Ability to facilitate, lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Familiarity with common agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence, and DevOps processes and tools such as Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of Software Engineering principles (how to best design and build software delivery practices)
- Excellent communicator, to all levels of the organization, in an authentic, clear and concise manner (verbal and written)
- Passionate and highly motivated
Be a part of UOB Family
- Successfully managed Agile development projects (preferably SAFe).
- Process engineering (eg. - Lean, Six-Sigma Black Belt, CMMI)
- Self-informed and up-to-date on latest technologies, tools and market trends
- Experience of working in a highly regulated sector
Apply now and make a difference.