Senior Unix System Administrator
The Systems Administrator position provides IT core systems administration for a broad range of complex services, and includes deployment, support and maintenance. This role has a mix of tactical and strategic responsibilities. The position is a critical part of a team that delivers bank wide core run-the-bank (RTB) IT services as well as support for change-the-bank (CTB) projects. The role will entails technical solutions, with a focus on support, change management, project management, incident management, and navigating the daily systems administration duties. Roles and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the candidate are:
- Design and implement a highly resilient, secure, scalable, high performance and cost effective infra solutions.
- Install and configure Unix servers Linux/Solaris/AIX i.e. physical and virtual partitions LDOMS, zones, LPARS etc.
- Implement server clustering and perform HA failover test scenarios.
- Install, upgrade and support Open Shift Container and DevOps platforms.
- Perform Microservices setup, configuration, support and troubleshooting on open shift platform.
- Provide system support and troubleshoot system related issues during project lifecycle.
- Install and configure standard system and security software i.e. SCSP, log warehouse, veritas backup, etc.
- Perform system hardening and ensure compliance to banks security standards.
- Write scripts to Automate administrative tasks.
- Assist in logistics preparation for new hardware and software purchases, delivery and system setup in Data centre.
- Degree in Computer Science or any IT-related discipline
- Specialist knowledge in Unix Technologies - Solaris, Linux, and OpenShift Containers Platform.
- Candidate must have min. 9 years Hands-On experience in Unix servers setup, administration and support.
- Specialist knowledge with Hands-on experience in Microservices setup, configuration, support and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge and ability to implement and troubleshoot server clustering technology e.g. HACMP, VCS, active-active cluster.
- Good hands-on experience in parallel filesystems e.g. GPFS, GFS2, NFS.
- Good knowledge in virtualisation/hypervisor technologies on various operating platforms e.g. VMWare, Solaris ldoms, zones, AIX lpars.
- Familiar with enterprise level server hardware e.g. x86 servers/blades, AIX pSeries, Solaris- T7/T8, Mseries architecture.
- Good understanding of the various enterprise technologies e.g. SAN, enterprise backup, enterprise monitoring etc.
- Good understanding on basic networking technology e.g. TCPIP, ip multipathing, ip aggregation etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good Unix scripting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and able to manage key stakeholders i.e. project team, security, compliance and IT operations.
- Quick learner and able to work independently.