Senior Unix/ Linux Engineer
- Commensurate with experience + Attractive Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
Successful candidate will be working as Senior Linux/Unix Engineer for the bank.
- Developing test plans, performing tests, assessing and recommending security requirements, document and sustain Solaris and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating systems for use within Enterprise.
- Apply best practices where possible or engineer new best practices using innovative approaches as appropriate
- Evaluate, Analyze and Develop RHEL and other products (JBOSS, Satellite, etc)
- Installing, configuring, testing, securing and providing recommendations for Government accreditation of new Solaris and/or RHEL technologies to be included in the Enterprise design.
- Drafting the following documentation for Solaris and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL):
- Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), Best Business Practices (BBPs), Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs), System Design Plans (SDPs), Systems Integration Test (SITs), and Systems Acceptance Test (SATs).
- Developing artifacts to support the accreditation, including a functional architecture with ports, protocols, and services; data flows; management; security plan; and hardware and software list.
Contributing to the resolution of IT Service Management (ITSM) trouble tickets.
- Preparing Lists of Materials (LOMs) for acquisition of hardware and software to support Solaris/RHEL systems.
- Manage hardware and software technology lifecycles for the Platform Services Portfolio
- Develop, publish, and implement IT portfolio Technology Standards
- Deliver cost savings and operational efficiencies through the efficient use of physical and virtual resources
- Maintain a high level of operational readiness through the effective use and management of virtualization and cloud technologies, including application of patch and upgrade of version as well as vulnerability fixes
- Manage and maintain Operating System and Server services (automation, virtualization, infrastructure)
- Create technical designs that can be deployed and operated by service provider partners