Manage a Hub team of Trade Operations specialists and Customer Service professionalsManage all aspects of Trade Finance operations requirements Collaborate closely with various internal stake holders including Business, Product, Compliance, Legal, Technical Advisory Team and offshore Ops partners as required. Interface with external customers on transactional requirements. Handle language review and processing of Letters of Credits, SBLCs, Documentary Collections etc.Load share & assist offshore teams in daily Document Examination and Transaction ProcessingManage Business Continuity requirements as per Bank guidelines Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and enterprise policies (including issue management and escalation policies) and understanding the company's Risk Management Framework.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 c ]]>
Market Job Description
- Manage a Hub team of Trade Operations specialists and Customer Service professionals
- Manage all aspects of Trade Finance operations requirements
- Collaborate closely with various internal stake holders including Business, Product, Compliance, Legal, Technical Advisory Team and offshore Ops partners as required.
- Interface with external customers on transactional requirements.
- Handle language review and processing of Letters of Credits, SBLCs, Documentary Collections etc.
- Load share & assist offshore teams in daily Document Examination and Transaction Processing
- Manage Business Continuity requirements as per Bank guidelines
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and enterprise policies (including issue management and escalation policies) and understanding the company's Risk Management Framework.
- To work with Business, Product Management and Risk Management on structured deals.
- To help identify and determine whether transactions are related to money laundering, terrorist financing, or suspicious in nature according to procedures suggested by Trade Services Compliance.
- Manage Nostro reconciliation and other reconciliations for the branches.
- To provide response to transactional queries raised by business and team members.
- To handle internal and external audit related to Trade Finance
- To ensure customer satisfaction by providing processing and consulting services in the area of trade services to internal team members and external customers.
- Duties include reviewing, reformatting, drafting, issuing, advising, amending and negotiating/paying of Letters of credit, Documentary Collections
- Provide support to offshore based teams in terms of Document examination and processing requirements including work load balancing, best practices such as knowledge sharing, effective collaboration etc.
- To study various trade newsletters and publications from ICC and other professional bodies to keep abreast of the latest development and cases in trade, as applicable.
- To participate in external trade projects, as required. (E.g. those organized by SWIFT for standbys and guarantees).
- Participating in problem solving, look for and implement process improvement opportunities
- Closely supervise the hub teams and actively monitors workflows and productivity to ensure SLA (Service Level Agreement) for delivery and quality are met or exceeded.
- Assists in determining the feasibility of new products/services
- Collaborate actively with relationship teams in delivering trade services to customers in multiple countries
- Accountable for upholding company vision and values statement
- Identify and raise risk, control etc. issues in a responsible and timely manner
- To keep updated on emerging market trends in Trade finance and related areas such as SWIFT, digitization, eUCP, SBLCs, Incoterms & Bank Guarantees.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions of ICC in-country chapter & other Trade related associations as required and update the trade team members on latest developments.
Market Skills and Certifications
- At least 10 years of trade experience preferably with CDCS qualification.
- Diploma in Business Management or above.
- Well versed in various ICC rules (e.g. UCP600, ISPB745 & Incoterms).
- Good knowledge of SBLC, Bank Guarantees and application of ICC rules (ISP & URDG)
- Trade services experience including strong background in handling complex trade transactions with ability to identify customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of compliance and regulatory requirements in international banking.
- Full working knowledge of complex L/C structure, documentation, governing rules, standards and regulations, internal policies, international and domestic bank operations and credit risk implications.
- Excellent Team management skill and proven track record of managing team of 10-20 team members
- Must be able to work on Singapore public holidays to support other APAC locations based on requirement.
- Working knowledge of Lending and Loan IQ system knowledge will be an added advantage
- Good experience in managing branch operations and handling audits is a must
- Must be a team player and must be able to work closely with business and with customers and manage stakeholder relationship.
- Good communication in English.
- Good MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.