- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Test Engineer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Test EngineerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This Test Automation Engineer role is for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in test automation and execution in an Agile development environment. You will work closely with Developers, Business Analysts, Testers, and DevOps engineers to help us deliver quality software in a reliable and predictable manner using test automation. You will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including proof of concepts, development and execution of automated tests. You will take ownership of test design, automation and execution on various project deliveries
• Develop and enhance test automation framework and tools
• Work in collaboration with Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand requirements, design and develop automated test cases, take ownership of end to end testing delivery.
• Participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint meetings
• Contribute to agility by integrating automated test suites with CI/CD pipeline
• Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
• Work closely with other testers and engineers and provide technical guidance to
• Develop high quality code using clean coding practices, design patterns, relevant frameworks and libraries.
• Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms
• Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
Our Ideal Candidate
• Minimum six years of professional experience in test automation domain in banking/insurance sector
• Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes. Experience with a broad range of testing practices.
• Minimum six years of programming experience in Java 7, 8.
• Extensive experience with test automation tools and frameworks - Cucumber for Java, Selenium, Apache JMeter, Soap UI
• Strong understanding of build automation tools - Maven 3, Gradle, experienced in setting up CICD pipelines in Jenkins.
• Knowledge of REST and SOAP based web services standards. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP.
• Experience with various messaging middleware technologies - Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS
• Strong experience in SQL, Unix scripting, Git
• Domain knowledge of front-office trading and risk management platforms for OTC Derivatives, Cash Equities. Deep understanding of trade lifecycle, trade booking models, regulatory requirements (EMIR, Dodd Frank, FRTB), product onboarding.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment
• Strong understanding of distributed computing, experience with cluster computing frameworks - Spark 2, Hadoop Map Reduce and big data tools - HDFS, Hive
• Experience with log, metrics aggregation and analytics toolkits - ELK stack, Grafana
• Development experience with Web based UI frameworks - Angular, ReactJS.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.