Senior Specialist, Institutional Lending
BNY Mellon is a leading Global Systemically Important Financial Institution that is dedicated to helping clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Our Investment Management and Investment Services businesses help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business, and transact in markets all over the world. BNY Mellon's employees are in 35 countries and serve more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon has approximately $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and more than $2.2 trillion of assets under management. In addition, the Company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager. About This Opportunity
BNY Mellon provides $74.8 billion in credit exposure to support the important relationships of the Institutional Bank. We have recently committed to a strategic initiative to establish a more robust first line function to further broaden client engagement, improve the customer experience, strengthen risk management, and maximize deployment of the balance sheet. BNY Mellon is excited to create a new Institutional Lending Group and we are recruiting client-focused professionals with risk analysis or commercial banking experience to help us execute on this strategy.
Responsible for originating, underwriting, documentation and monitoring of large, moderately complex credit facilities/credit relationships.
- Responsible for all credit facility components including origination, underwriting and documentation for credit facilities/credit relationships of moderate complexity.
- Monitors existing credit portfolios, including loan reviews.
- Works with clients and relationship leads to understand and assess credit needs.
- Manages existing and new accounts and client relationships.
- Provides thoughtful credit solutions based on research.
- Solves unusual problems that are of moderate risk in nature.
- Resolves problems escalated by more junior staff.
- Generates new business opportunities for the bank such as new loans.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior staff.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA is preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred; experience in risk analysis or commercial banking preferred.