- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Solutions Architect
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Solutions ArchitectAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to join our architecture team, lead the way as our senior solution architect who are accountable for designing and delivering products and services for Retail and Private Banking clients such as Mobile Banking, Equities and FX Trading, Insurance and 3 rd party API partnerships. We are looking for a senior solution architect to co-locate and join the Customer Journey to define the end-to-end flow and solution to provider superior customer experience.
The way we deliver outcomes to our customers is changing rapidly and as Standard Chartered shifts to an agile enterprise so must the way we design, build and sustain great products for our customers. With our global reach supporting a diverse group of customers and employees the way we architect solutions is critical to achieving speed to market, reducing risk, lowering costs and delivering more sustainable outcomes. The successful candidate needs to have hands on experience working in a mature agile environment; regularly used to influencing business and delivery stakeholders; have strong functional, technical expertise and a passion for challenging the status quo.
In terms of the day to day you will be responsible for:
- Solution Architecture - Enabling delivery to move faster and sustainably by defining and continuously updating the supporting solution architecture to enable agile delivery in regular value drops for customers/staff. Able to drive the conversation with business, delivery heads starting from pre-ideation stage to influence the right solution and challenge the status quo for best customer experience which is also cost effective and faster to market. Accountable for the end-to-end solution with quality deliverable of solution architecture document.
- Target State - Defining the technology target state for all things that interact with our Retail, Private and Wealth Management customers and the staff that support them whether it be with the API and digital channels through to how we integrate, use data effectively and master it in our core banking or other systems of record.
- Best of Breed - If we're to move with pace and establish ourselves as a global leader then leveraging the great work of others is a non-negotiable. Whether you utilise external capabilities such as open source and cloud or collaborate more effectively across our global business (contributing/sharing our own successes or leveraging the outputs of your peers) is up to you.
- Agile Governance - defining and operating architectural governance in a manner that involves conversation, feedback and interaction and promotes faster delivery and sustainable outcomes.
Our Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we believe the below experience will make it easier:
- Communicating and influencing across organisational contexts and driving long term behavioural change
- Strong technical, functional knowledge and experience delivering outcomes across a breadth of industries ideally with a deep full-stack experience in one or more spaces
- Able to work and deliver as independent senior solution architect with strong commitment, willingness to take up challenges, looking forward opportunities to contribute more and proactiveness in delivering the deliverables on time. Of course, you will be collaborating internally with other architects and sharing the expertise
- A self-starter who's primarily role will be that of the architect but is also happy to roll up their sleeves and perform other tasks to help us close out whatever is the priority (could be some requirements, could be some development, could be some logistics). We expect that >80% of their role will be architecture
- Hands on experience working in mature agile environments and delivering outcomes iteratively focused on value to the customer
- Evidence of continual improvement and investment into you (i.e. training, education, secondments into new areas)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.