Senior Solution Architect
The Senior Solution Architect plays a core technical role in the development of a system and is actively involved in the entire project lifecycle especially through requirements gathering, design. Working hand in hand with the Project Manager and other stakeholders such as business analysts, technical lead and vendors, the Senior Solution Architect shapes and steers the software architecture and design for the solution, and is a key contributor to the overall smooth delivery of any solution within the targeted timeline.
As a senior member of the team, he/she is also expected to work independently, a strong technical background that enables him/her to propose sound, practical solutions to business problems. Influencing skills are a must, not only to resolve conflicts, but also to manage stakeholders across the business and IT community. The candidate should already have the ability to think laterally and quickly grasp key concepts, have a positive attitude and be resilient when dealing with challenges.
Within the team, he/she is also expected to contribute actively to overall architecture governance via reviews of proposed solutions, uphold existing standards and processes, and to suggest improvements where necessary. Responsibilities
- As part of the project solutioning process, drive, review and validate the initial high level solution design together with the solutioning team for business paper approval.
- Lead solution design for projects comprising of a cross functional project team in alignment with the overall IT landscape of the bank during project execution. This involves actively working with the team to analyse functional and non-functional requirements, translate them into a solution and ensuring that the proposed architecture is feasible and aligned to the BOS IT landscape, regulatory and security requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with both business and technology stakeholders, both in BOS and OCBC, to ensure solutions are aligned to both business and Group technology standards.
- Contribute to ongoing architecture governance in the form of reviewing proposed solutions. Maintain or create new architecture standards (where applicable), processes as well as related processes. Participate in the definition and implementation of enterprise architectural frameworks within the bank, where necessary.
- Partner with various teams when new products/technologies are introduced to the bank. This may include product technology.
Note: The incumbent will be seconded to Bank of Singapore for assignments
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Financial technology background experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management preferred.
- 15 years or more IT solution delivery experience including at least 8 years of experience in a similar solution architecture role, with excellent track record of delivery.
- Significant experience as an architect/technical lead in large cross-functional teams or enterprise projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent application analysis, design and system integration skills.
- Able to work independently, good influencing skills with a resilient mindset
- Strong technical background in integration with a good understanding of API/Microservices concepts, software design patterns, event based processing, XML concepts and tools (DTD, XSD, XML parsers).
- Significant experience in J2EE and Java applications development, knowledge and experience in mobile development is a plus.
- Substantial exposure/direct experience in data related projects, with a keen interest in data integration (both batch and event based).
- Experience with process methodology, frameworks (TOGAF), development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative) preferred.