Senior Software Engineer, Integration Platform
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Scope & Impact - Independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects including design, development, and deployment
- Technical Execution - Write clean code, improve code structure and design in service of testability and maintainability, write and review design documentation, be highly proficient in one or more technical areas
- Ownership - Responsible for substantial part of the codebase; serve as on-call first responder for services the team owns; prioritize and value unowned or undesirable work that enables the team to move faster
- Collaboration - Work with the team and adjacent teams to solve problems, escalate problems that have a wider scope
- Team Building - Perform code reviews; assist and teach other developers on an individual basis; participate in the hiring process, conduct interviews
- Hands-on Coding - Programming skills in server-side Java or other JVM-based language, good understanding of JVM, expertise developing solutions using web services and messaging, on premises and/or on cloud
- Distributed Systems - Strong knowledge of distributed systems concepts, protocols and APIs including TCP/IP, HTTP, AMQP, JMS, MQ, SOAP and experience in applying this knowledge for building resilient mission-critical systems
- Integration Platforms - Experience with enterprise integration platforms like webMethods, Mule or Fuse
- Core Infrastructure - Experience in building and supporting full-stack solutions involving infrastructure, operating systems (Linux), networking and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Development Practices - Track record of owning sizable codebase and understanding practices to ensure that other developers in the team adhere to the quality standards
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .