See job description for details
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer (Java)
to join our Business Application Service at NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
You will be responsible for features development, launch and a technical leader in the organization, providing mentorship to the Engineering team. Roles & Responsibilities
The ideal profile should have / be
- Ability to write elegant, semantic and easily maintainable code.
- Complete the product development and quality assurance efforts.
- Participate and lead, when needed, the requirement gathering meetings with major clients.
- Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits
- Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program
- Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
- Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
- Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Analyse functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
- Ensure codes comply with security guidelines
- Work with team lead to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
- Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality
- Typically 6 years IT experience and 1 year of IT / Communications Engineering project management experience
- Ability to manage low complexity projects
- Possess relevant system development / maintenance experience using Java-related technologies
- Self-motivated with a positive "can-do" attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
The main duties and responsibilities will be subjected to review when there is change in business requirements and scope of work.