Senior Software Engineer, IT - Core (AS400)
To perform the role of the Application Developer/Designer in AS400 team. The Job
- Application development and Maintenance for Life Insurance Adminstration in NavisysPA.
- Production and Night Support.
- Coordination with BA/user for requirement gathering, Unit Testing and support SIT/UAT testing.
- Analyzes BA or user's needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and develops the design specifications for the applications.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapting to new hardware, or to improve its performance or develop new applications meeting client's requirements.
- Required to provide quality solutions to customer within the required SLA / schedule.
- Provides consultation to users about software system design and maintenance.
- Required to provide good technical solution, develop out of box solutions but must meet IT organization's architecture standards.
- Documentation on design specification and functional specification.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.