Senior Software Engineer - Wealth Management Technology
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 23 Apr 19
Job Reference # 186638BR
Are you passionate about building up a strong development team to deliver robust and high-quality applications? We are looking for someone like that to:
- build up a Java development team in SG to deliver global investment advisory applications
- drive the delivery of global components and solutions, design and integrate them in various stages of software development life cycle
- collaborate across cross locations IT teams in delivering software components
- develop and build software components in Java technology
- Investigate and resolve production issues with RTB and global teams to maintain a stable production environment
You will be working in APAC WM Total Wealth Advice team based in Singapore; cooperating with local and offshore developers to deliver IT solutions. The team is part of the global Total Wealth Advice team building software for Switzerland, EMEA and APAC.
- minimum of 10+ years of hands-on server-side application development experience in Java Technology/JavaEE/Webservice/Eclipse RCP, multi-threaded programming and Oracle technologies
- working experience in building up and leading a development team
- exposure to Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell script programming
- working experience with Agile methodologies
- working knowledge in tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, QualityCenter etc.
- strong communication skills and be able to coordinate technical discussion and activities with global and offshore teams
- a quick learner and an excellent communicator
- self-initiative and comfortable working independently even in difficult situations
- a team player with positive attitude to build trusted working relationship with global and offshore teams
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.