Senior Software Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Reset is looking for a senior software engineer to work with our very technical team to enhance our existing set of .NET applications, and improve the Reset services to the financial industry. Management or Team Lead experience is not desired; the role is for a senior developer who will fit in to the existing team.
You will develop on existing applications to generate new functionality, while maintaining the existing codebase, and develop everything from proof of concepts to production quality code that will require all your technical expertise to provide a best-in-class user experience.
The Development Team is not large, so you will work on the full stack, from the back-end server processes through to the windows application UI, including SQL server database design and development.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• 8+ years of current software engineering experience building .NET applications.
• 8+ years of current experience building enterprise SQL server back-ends.
• Strong in OOP programming concept and patterns.
• Excellent testing and debugging skills.
An ideal candidate would also have experience with:
• Financial market knowledge, including delivery systems like Markitwire or TRTN.
• XML, SOAP, WCF, Json data formats.
• Messaging architecture with ActiveMQ (or similar enterprise messaging system).
• DevExpress for WinForms.
• Unit testing with NUnit.
• Good understanding of large-scale applications (clustering, distributed systems, scalability, caching, performance tuning).
• Awareness of AWS (EC2, DynamoDB etc).
• Subversion (or GIT) .
• Familiar with ticketing systems (TRAC etc).