Senior Security Operations Engineer
The Senior Security Operations Engineer proactively manages and supports the SecOps infrastructure to ensure systems remain reliable and available for investigations. You will provide maintenance for all security operations owned systems, participate in security alert triage, troubleshooting of security device monitoring and incident investigation using infrastructure and applications logs from across the enterprise. In addition, you will also initiate and resolve security operation activities and serve as a technical leader for the operations team. What you get to do every day:
What you bring to the role:
- Act as a point of escalation for investigation of system and network security events.
- Architect, build and support security operations infrastructure.
- Continually develop and maintain SIEM architecture.
- Perform forensic investigations, identify attack vectors and mitigation tactics.
- Spread security awareness through tech talks, lunch and learns, and community involvement.
- Monitor and analyze network security events.
- Develop and maintain various security related tools, automations, and integrations.
- Investigate security alerts and reports to ensure the integrity of the Zendesk platform.
- Support various compliance standards (SOX, SOC2, PCI, FedRAMP)
- Take part in the on-call rotation.
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience with advanced SIEM in a versatile, fast-paced, enterprise environment
- Experience configuring and using logging, monitoring and alerting solutions to identify security events.
- Conceptual knowledge of different areas of computer security (network, application, cryptography, forensics, incident response, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer networks (VLAN, IP addressing, security zones of trust, etc.)Understanding of common security attacks (DNS cache poisoning, ARP spoofing, DDoS, XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, etc.).
- Knowledge of *nix operating system and commands.
- Basic programming and scripting skills (includes the ability to write regular expressions) (python, node.js, bash, Ruby and/or other programming languages).
- Excellent oral, written and documentation skills (a sense of humour never hurts as well!).
- Undergraduate degree required; B.S./B.A. Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred.
- Professional security certifications are a plus.
- Excited to learn, work, grow, and advance your career.
- A self-starter mentality and a creative outlook on how to approach security.
builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk
products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk
products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk
has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.