Senior SPARK Streaming Software Engineer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Contract, Full time
- Credit Agricole CIB
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Banking (CA-CIB) is the CIB arm of Crédit Agricole Group, world’s 11th largest bank by total assets. Our Singapore center is one of the 3 main IT Hubs for CA-CIB's worldwide business. We work daily with international branches located in 33 countries by Envisioning and preparing the Bank’s futures information systems, Partnering and supporting core banking flagships and transverse areas in their large scale development projects. This unique positioning empowers us to bring our core banking business a sustainable competitive advantage on the market.
Section and team overview
The MRI (Market Risk IT) Section is part of RFI (Risk and Finance IT) Department and is responsible for development and maintenance of Market Risk applications used by worldwide users as well as the implementation of regulatory and investment projects.
Teams provide level 2 & 3 support for delivered applications. The applications are all in-house developments.
The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a new piece of Basel committee regulation that will overhaul existing trading book capital requirements replacing Basel 2.5 package. This will shape the business processes of the bank for the years to come.
The new approach (SBA and IMA) imposed by the regulator raises challenges both technically and functionally that will require a new technical approach to solve.
The study phase has just started; an ideal timing to join the team of this fast-paced, high-impact project.
- Study, evaluate and provide feedback on functional specifications.
- Provide detailed estimation for development of solutions
- Implement solutions using TDD
- Perform non-functional testing
- Perform design and code review for other team members
- Mentor junior team members
- Prepare documentation for design and implementation
- Enable and support functional and user acceptance testing
- Support applications in production - analyze and resolve issues as they arise
- At least 6 years in Java/J2EE development
- At least 2 years of experience in big data development on Hadoop eco-system
- Big data: Hadoop - HDFS, Map-reduce, Spark, Spark streaming, Spark SQL, Kafka, HBase, Hive, ZooKeeper
- Solution design using proven patterns, awareness of anti-patterns, performance tuning Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC/Struts/JSF, Java script, JQuery
- Relational databases – Oracle/MSSQL/Sybase
- Build tool - Maven/sbt/ant, UML, JMS/Websphere MQ, Restful web services, Jenkins/Team City, Source management – SVN/GIT, TDD using Junit, DBUnit, Jira/QC.
- Application server – Jboss/Websphere/Weblogic
- General banking, finance and investment banking understanding and knowledge
- Ability to convey clearly and concisely ideas in a concrete and coherent way.
- Ability to easily communicate with multi-cultural team members
- Other Professional Skills and Mind-set:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Awareness of various software development procedures
- Ability to follow defined procedures
- Market Risk knowledge (Pnl explanation, VaR and Stress VaR analysis)
- Market data (Volatilities, Curves,…), Sensitivities
- Regulatory knowledge (including Basel III, Basel II, Basel I, SIMM, FRTB, CVA, …)
- Ability to read and understand French documentation