Senior Regional Operations/SME Specialist
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Fixed Income Pricing Analyst. This position will be for someone with a good understanding of how fixed income instruments are priced with special focus on corporate and government bonds. The successful candidate will be expected to monitor market movements and become a sector specialist in the designated area. Operational tasks such as data delivery, customer support, and client relationships will also be part of this role. VBA programming is also required to help develop and further enhance existing excel based tool kits.
Duties & accountabilities
- Responsible for accurately pricing various sectors of the APAC fixed income market using proprietary models
- Perform credit spread analysis and dealers quote research
- Analysis of primary and secondary markets
- Maintain existing pricing models as well as increase sector coverage
- Assist and support all bond pricing/fixed income related projects
- Manage client challenges and general customer support
- Interact and communicate both internally and externally in a professional and timely manner
Education and experience
- BA degree in Economics or Finance.
- Fixed income knowledge & experience; Possess solid understanding of fixed income instruments and 1-5 years of related experience.
- Monitor market movements; Ability to monitor both macro and micro credit events and apply to daily work flow
- Strong technical skills; Microsoft Visual Basic and SQL are required
- Client/Customer support; Previous client interaction is essential
- Structured Finance/Loans knowledge or experience would be considered favourably for business purposes.
- Able to successfully navigate needs of a busy organization; keep to tight deadlines and being service oriented
Service-minded, professional, friendly, punctual, courteous
Strong analytical and mathematical skills
Excellent attention to detail, both numerically and in written material
Display energy, drive and stamina
Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
Must have a self-starting, driven, assertive and positive attitude
Highly motivated and confident
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Comfortable dealing with clients of all levels of seniority
Strong presentational skills, both verbal and written
Not a pre-requisite but fluency in spoken and written Japanese or Korean would be considered favourably for business purposes
Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly growing/changing environment
Able to adjust to shifting priorities
Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Able to own tasks and deliver as part of a team