Senior Regional AML Officer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 12 Dec 17
Do you have a breadth of knowledge in combating Financial Crime? Do you have a client-centric approach in your work? We are looking for someone like this to:
- manage the portfolio of regional AML-related policies or bulletins, excluding the IB CIP, and ensuring they are introduced or maintained in accordance with global minimum standards
- advise 13 APAC locations on local implementation of global/regional policies as appropriate, with accompanying training as required
- ensure audit or control findings on AML policy implementation are accurately and consistently documented and resolved
- assess AML/KYC policy exception requests and liaising with global divisional Financial Crime colleagues in this regard
- represent APAC Financial Crime on relevant committees and projects setting global AML policy standards and contributing regional views
- liaise with Wealth Management C&ORC/Financial Crime teams outside Hong Kong and Singapore to facilitate equivalent AML/KYC standards to the hub locations
- assist the Regional Head of Financial Crime in coordinating regional engagement with colleagues in Monitoring, Surveillance and Controls, regarding internal control or AML transaction monitoring activities
- coordinate the periodic Financial Crime risk assessment exercise in the region cross-divisionally towards actionable outcomes, ensuring respondents are briefed, and conducting quality assurance as appropriate on local input
- support regional efforts around AML regulatory change tracking and action steps
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The role is within the Regional Financial Crime team, part of Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC), and supports the Regional Head of Financial Crime APAC in anti-money laundering policy and coordination related tasks across 13 locations, excluding maintenance of the Investment Bank's written Client Identification Program (CIP).
The role will focus on the Wealth Management and Investment Bank areas, with outreach to C&ORC colleagues in Asset Management.
Your experience and skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally within the wealth management or investment banking environment
- solid knowledge of regional AML/CFT laws and regulations
- strong organization skills
- proven experience dealing with internal and external audits
- strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- proactive and able to work independently
- a clear and effective communicator
- assertive, able to interact and proactively advise C&ORC colleagues, business and senior management
- able to multitask and prioritize competing demands
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.