Senior Project Manager, IT - Cloud Platform
The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee the Cloud and Cloud Adoption projects initiation to implementation, working with stakeholders, technical lead, vendor, QA team, project members, business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement applications and solution to onboard GE Cloud and also new Cloud services. The Project Manager is required to plan, manage, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to bring the projects to their successful completion within budget and timeline.
This role entails managing concurrent project in multiple releases, building collaboration, and influencing strategic direction by balancing between project delivery and product roadmap. The position requires a season project manager who understand both technical and management aspect to deliver key projects under dynamic environment within a short timeline.
Highly effective in engaging senior management, project sponsors in communication and collaboration across internal and external teams with demonstrated success, building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects. The Job
- Own and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring they are completed on time, meeting requirements and within allocated budget.
- Manage project lifecycle, from requirement, design, technical construction, testing, acceptance, training, documentation and implementation, in accordance with the GE's Project Management Process and Methodology.
- Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, project budgeting, preparation of high level project plan with project timeline and resource requirements, and staffing and organization of project team.
- Plan, coordinate and communicate project plan, timeline and activities to the project team.
- Work closely with the group of key business owners and source systems SMEs, IT Architecture, IT Risk & compliance, IT Security, QA on the agreed project objectives.
- Monitor and track progress of projects and stay on top of the projects to ensure smooth execution.
- Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality and configuration management.
- Analyse and highlight project risks and develop necessary risk mitigation plans.
- Analyse and highlight project dependencies to pre-empt project issues.
- Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
- Manage performance of the project team, guide the project team in resolving issues, and resolve conflicts within the project team.
- Manage stakeholder's expectation by understanding customers' needs and providing realistic expectations and scope of the projects.
- Manage and work closely with vendors, business partners and data center involved in projects.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level and PSC team.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experienced in project management for at least 7 years.
- Experienced in System migration to Cloud solutions.
- Experienced in the implementation of Cloud solutions, enterprise platforms and applications for at least 5 years will be advantageous.
- Familiar with Private, Public Cloud technologies and DevOps.
- Certified Project Manager, either PMP or PRINCE2, with at least 10 years of experience in managing IT projects and software/application development lifecycles.
- Understanding all aspects of the software life cycle, using Agile or Waterfall software development practices.
- Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in use of project management and collaboration tools is required (E.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence, Jira Software, Kanban Boards, etc.)
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in fostering teamwork and managing high performance project team.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with "@greateasternlife.com". Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.