The position is responsible for assisting in coordinating and delivering high quality releases for application software for Actuarial, Finance and analytics business users. He/she will be responsible for preparing test strategy, test schedule & approaches and facilitating strong and effective communications, coordination, and correspondence between staff and executive level stakeholders across the IT project teams, vendors, internal business teams, dealing with large, complex enterprise systems.
The PM will be operating in a Release Manager role and leverage his/her expertise in both functional & non-functional testing and quality assurance disciplines as well as integration and release management functions to successfully deliver high quality integrated software applications. The PM will be engaging and assisting a very large business team and be responsible for assisting in developing, maintaining, improving, and enforcing release management standards as a common core across all solutions.
This PM will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of software and to develop and implement processes associated with functional areas.
The PM will enforce and carefully adjust Release Management practices and processes to comply with his/her review of system updates from end-to-end SIT testing, user acceptance testing, production staging, conduct workshops, emulate operational acceptance testing, and cut over to production release.
• Manage and oversee the end to end (from source systems to target applications and data mart in Hadoop platform) test strategy, integration with all applications & file transfer; and deployment at every stage of the project phase.
• Manage multiple projects from implementation in terms of schedule, budget, resources and scope within testing scope.
• Driving multiple projects observing Enterprise Process, Standards and Methodology, delivering in-compliance with on-budget, on-time and on-quality constraints.
• Manage contract management, project budget drawdowns across different projects.
• Plan, manage, execute and track progress of concurrent projects working with regional delivery heads to successfully complete the projects.
• Responsible for successful delivery of projects on-time, within budget and within scope.
• Responsible for pre-project activities such as effort estimation, cost estimation and high level project plan with schedule and resources.
• Plan, Co-ordinate and Communicate Programme Test Strategy and schedule to Stakeholders and team members.
• Manage project life cycle from requirements, design, build, testing and implementation as per GE’s Process and Methodology.
• Monitor and track project and task progress and produce periodic reports to stakeholders.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Report and escalate to management as per escalation matrix defined in the project plan.
• Successfully manage the relationship with the team members and stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks and maintain project issue register and track issues to its closure.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and communication plan.
• Manage and work closely with business users, vendors and other IT personnel from Security, Risk and Compliance, Source System experts, QA and Data Centre, on project objectives and ensuring smooth project delivery.
• Support standard releases, DevOps(if any), Release Management documentation, and coordinate and manage new releases during project phase and OAT stage.
• Work with program managers for new releases.
• Organise workshops to prepare biz teams for UAT, defects review, change requests and OAT.
• Perform constant monitoring with attention to changes and new releases.
• Track progress in defects JIRA ticketing system and HPCQ and project schedules in MS Project.
• Provide executive level presentations on team status and progress.
• Assist in following up with groups that have outstanding open issues or actions.
• Defects management and plan defect fixes with development teams and cycle testing with in the correct test environments; and manage version controls of codes promotion.
• Manage release change requests.
Certification and Soft Skillsets
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline, Engineering Management.
• PMP certified or Agile Certified with minimum 10 years of experience in IT projects in the areas of Data warehouse (EDW), Datamarts, Integrated systems testing with at least 3 years of full implementation experience as PM in multi platforms.
• Strong delivery management experience in handling BAU and new projects.
• Strong PM and PMO skills and experience in handling contracts, budgets.
• Excellent written skills in preparing approval papers and presentation slides for management.
• Excellent verbal skills, Negotiation skills, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Solid organization skills, problem solving skills, multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work with senior management, both in a collaborative manner on projects and as a leadership designee.
• Fast learner; Critical and logical thinker.
• Experience leading cross functional teams.
• Handles issues that are significant, complex, multidisciplinary, sensitive, political, and confidential.
• Initiative and ability to work independently, and resolve problems.
• Understands and can participate in and lead solution design sessions.
• 8+ years of deep experience in Software testing (including test automation); Project Management & Program management in both Waterfall and Agile delivery models.
• Understands the capabilities of relevant key technologies (data modeling, data integration, BI analytics) and can quickly assess the pros and cons of various test approaches.
• Able to progress on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
• Skilled at test strategy, action planning, execution, and development of monitoring tools.
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to independently research complex issues and to succinctly synthesize and articulate findings for various audiences.
• Individual must be assertive and goal oriented with experience facilitating and staffing projects that involve multidisciplinary team members.
• Strong technical skills, in managing all areas of ETL tools like Datastage/Talend, and BI Tools like Qlik/Tableau, familiar with Oracle and AS400 platforms.
• Experienced in defining and implementing E2E test strategies (including automation aspects) and industry best practices.
• Experienced with integration of test automation in Agile projects with DevOps background including the definition and follow up ROI for test automation business case.
• Strong knowledge across various test tools such as HP ALM and LoadRunner, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Tricentis Tosca, Open source (Selenium, Cucumber or equivalent).
• Knowledge of latest Quality Engineering market trends.
• Proven experience with agile & devops methodologies.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.