Senior Project Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Be accountable and responsible for planning, executing, managing and measuring the day-to-day running of the project and its workstreams.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget, to-specification delivery with minimal disruption to business operations.
- Interpret risk treatment plans into measurable, achievable outcomes, and then plan projects to meet those outcomes.
- Evaluate, articulate, document, escalate and resolve complex problems, risks and issues.
- Furnish input to business planning to support future opportunities.
- Plan, implement, manage and update the project plan and schedule.
- Manage communications and expectations in collaboration with all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Identify and manage both the dependencies and the interfaces with other related Cyber Security Services and Technology Services activities, projects and other initiatives.
- Ensure compliance to the bank's policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the bank's project governance structure, keep Clarity current with project plans and ensure other project status reports are expertly drafted, accurate and current.
- Ensure quality of product throughout the delivery process.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure quality of reporting-always communicating variance to schedule, budget, specification-and the way back to a green status.
- Minimum a Diploma holder
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, geographically dispersed environment
- Competency in communicating effectively in speaking & writing
- Experience in IT Security operations, initiatives or programmes
- Experience in project reporting or service reporting
- Basic understanding of technology infrastructure to help drive solutioning and target design
- Banking or similar experience at a Large Corporate preferred
- At least 8 years of project management experience, or corresponding credential, with ability to initiate and execute a large project from E2E dealing with disparate functions
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies
- Effective leadership and interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance short-term expediencey and long-term effectiveness
- Ability to self-manage and contend effectively with ambiguity
- Demonstrates credibility with senior stakeholders and across the project
- Possess negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate awareness of business and organisational sensitivities and reflect this in approaches to communicating change
- Competence with project management formal methodologies - PMP certification (or equivalent) is mandatory
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proficiency with MS Project or equivalent
- Proficiency with documented business processes
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.