We’re a brand new team formed to build up our digital bank. As part of the Design Team, you will work on some of our highest impact, strategic projects. As we are going from 0 to 1, you will have the opportunity to learn, create and help define the product experience. You will be hands-on with the end-to-end product design process from ideation to delivering the product that the users will use. You’ll also be working collaboratively with other designers, product managers, business teams and other stakeholders throughout the process.
We’re living in exciting times. We want to use technology & design to re-think how financial services are offered. Grab and Singapore Telecommunications have secured a digital full banking license in Singapore as a consortium (Grab 60%, Singtel 40%). As Grab and SingTel come together, we have big dreams to unlock the potential of financial inclusion in the region we live in. We want to build a digital bank on the right foundation - using data, tech and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We would love to speak with you if you believe you have what it takes to be at the forefront of innovation to build this new Digibank with us.
We are seeking a new member to join the Design team for our new Digibank initiative in Singapore. This role will be based in Singapore, reporting into a Senior Product Designer for Digibank. This individual will also work closely with the engineering, business, and other stakeholders across Grab and Singtel.
Get to know the Role:
As one of the early members of the GXS design team, you will be owning and shaping the GXS product and design experience for financial products, based on informed design decisions. You will be working closely with product managers, and with guidance from other designers and researchers. You will be responsible for exploring designs that can be used for testing, creating the design artifacts and delivering it to the engineering team for implementation based on the design process established in the team. You will design with user’s in mind, and be able to look further than just crafting in-app experience, but also include experience like how we communicate and support customers when it’s needed.
The day-to-day activities
- Work on delivering the banking experience on the GXS mobile app, web platform, and other tools
- Work collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, Business Team, Customer Experience Team, and external vendors to deliver the best possible experience, while retaining our brand voice
- Design what’s next to be implemented, but also explore ideas on how the product can be in the future.
- Planning and participating in ongoing usability testing and assessment.
- Conduct desk check of user interface during engineering development phase.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Regular review of usage data to analyze user behavior and pain points.
- Participating in key internal meetings including weekly status updates and planning sessions
- 2 - 6 years of working experience in UI/UX Design. You have designed mobile apps, websites and wanted to bring your experience & expertise to get a bigger impact & influence. You're passionate on what you're doing
- Ability to turn ideas and user journeys into final design that is simple and intuitive, based on research findings and design best practices.
- Understanding of user experience design for the web, mobile, or touch devices.
- Good eye for visual design and hands-on experience in user interface design.
- Experience with current and relevant design tools like Figma, Adobe, ProtoPie among others.
- Design with users in mind, based on user researches and insights
- You can work independently without too many guidance
- You pay attention to details but also can zoom out and think holistically.
- You have confidence in your ideas and the ability to communicate them clearly
- You put great deal attention in your craft without losing the big picture. You will design the journey and experiences that simple and connected
- You're team player and can work with more senior or junior designers
- You follow through—when built, your designs actually look and work like they should. You monitor products after launch and are ready to suggest improvements
- Experience in creating and delivering motion design
- Experience in financial or tech startup environment
- You actively contribute to the design community